Thursday, November 12, 2009

Comprehensive RN Exam - ATI graduation assessment


Most nursing schools require that you demonstrate a certain competency in all nursing subjects prior to graduation. It is the precursor to the NCLEX exam administered by the Board of Nursing. In fact, when you finish the assessment, it scores your assessment against all students taking the exam and predicts the statistical probability of whether you will pass the National Boards on the first attempt.

I started studying for this in October and was cramming up and until late last night, with a quick review this morning. The exam was three hours and I took it this afternoon.

With great relief, I passed the exam, 4 percentage points above the national mean and a 95% statistical that I'll pass boards. Kaplan will be my extra insurance policy and brushing up on topics I missed on ATI will help prepare me for Boards. Thanks to St. Joseph of Cupertino for the help. I guess I can graduate now. Whew. (The film of his life is called 'The Reluctant Saint") It's a great story.

No comments: