Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just when you think you've seen everything


The way the roadies are coping with the workload is dividing and conquering the reading through outlining and presenting. This is helpful when approaching quizzes because its easier for me to remember that Pebbles talked about Integumentary, and Bam-Bam's chapter was on the heart.

My chapter this week was about the breasts. When I think about breasts, I tend to focus on BSEs (breast self-examinations) and the methods we use to evaluate them. The common methods noted in the text are the Circular, Vertical and pie methods; the medical standards for assessing breasts. However, in outlining the chapter today I came upon a phenomenon I had no idea existed and one that nursing protocols insist we assess - that of multiple nipples...or supernumerary nipples. Not only can you have them on your chest in different places, but they can even grow on the bottom of your foot! Whoa. Just when you think you've seen everything...

No comments: