Thursday, December 4, 2008

I have my limits

The last couple of people I talked to about the issue of uniforms and student attire have all said the same thing. It's humiliating. The white scrubs never fit right and you can see through them. My guy friends who are nursing students recommended wearing cotton boxer shorts underneath. They said eventually the women all get a clue and figure this out, except for the ones who want you to see what's underneath door #2. Last night I tried on the uniform again and realized I ordered the wrong size school scrub tops. My buddy Fred gave me one of his old uniforms and it fits perfectly (but of course, in a fit of wishful thinking I ordered one size smaller at orientation). School hasn't even started yet, and I am already admitting my first mistake to my nursing director. Good job Snurdly!


The bottoms can never be overestimated and are fine because I washed them several times and they shrunk. I put on the whole ensemble last night, including the shoes...and drum roll please....my son laughed at my shoes. If he laughed, then I know I looked like a complete dork. (I don't even like that word..) There is simply no glamour in my life anymore.




Thinking I had smartly put this whole thing together...I am totally self conscious. So, it's off to Walmart to find men's boxer shorts to wear to school/clinic under my uniform. I think the deal breaker would have been white panty hose. I have my limits.

No comments: