Monday, December 29, 2008

That's how I roll


I've been on facebook alot lately...I confess it's a total distraction to all the reading I know I should be doing. One of the big surprises about networking and finding old friends from elementary, high school and college is the people my age who have gone back to school for nursing! What a surprise. Here I thought I had a singular idea in 2006 when I enrolled in Maria Alviar Agnew's summer school chemistry class. Little did I know that so many of my old friends had been doing the same thing!

I'm not any more organized than I expected to be at this stage in the game, with 6 more days to go before I head out the door for the first day of program. This is going to be a year of surprises and new experiences. I had a chance to see a old family friend hospitalized over Christmas after a nasty fall off his roof December 12. He has triple pins in his pelvis...and almost all his ribs broken. He's lucky to have survived it all. When I walked into his room at Santa Rosa Memorial, it was the same room Pop was in three years ago. Feeling a sense of deja vu, and seeing Pop walk down the same hallways he could only traverse by gurney three years ago, was really strange. Ray looked at me and said, "Are you sure you want to do this?" I've never been so sure about anything in my life, except marrying my husband.

At t-minus 6 days...I'm ready. That's how I roll.

No comments: