Monday, December 15, 2008

So overwhelming...


The roadies drove to school today for our library tutorial and it was nice to know that we have access to so much research. One of the roadies has already named her ulcer and I'm wondering if dementia will set in for me either before or after Christmas with all the stuff I have to remember for school. There is one side of me that is totally confident that I can knock this out and get it done in 11 1/2 months...and there is the other side that might as well be Thelma and Louise driving off the cliff of the Grand Canyon in a convertible.

Someone I admire greatly emailed today and reminded me how hard my program is. I think I am going to see if Costco has cases of bicarbonate...it's all so overwhelming.

1 comment:

COMRADE X said...

OK...Here's da deal....

When we started our program in 2008, we had to do ALL this library and tons of other "get ready" assignments the very first week plus 2 tons of paperwork on top of 8 million pages of reading and tests the first week.
The school asked us for feedback for your class to make things better. We suggested that since we had "dead-time" between orientation and the start of classes, that we be given that time to clear the boards for battlestations in class.
So...as a direct result of STUDENT input...you have this stuff to do now instead of having it heaped on you guys the first week.
So when you see things in your program that you feel can be improved upon....make note and bring it up (we started a feed-back comittee for this) and they seem flexible to change things for you or as in your case now, the next class coming behind you.
Dansko shoes save your back!!!
Do not fear....and you are not "lowlies"....you are peers in training..so sayith COMRADE X