Monday, December 8, 2008

Stethescopes...back ground checks...cake


Trude & I went by Bischoffs and tried the Littman Master Cardiology stethescope. It was comfortable...I still don't know what the hell I am doing. Since Mom & Dad wanted to buy this for me for Christmas, I am accepting it graciously...with the hope that I will be able to hang onto it and not lose it. Comrade X said I wouldn't need anything too expensive and they would teach us how to use it properly.

The only think left to get for my kit is a blood pressure cuff. I will only need this for the labs at school..because no one at the hospitals carry these around any more.

Financial Aid is settled...I'm set for disbursement Jan. 2, which means I will be letting the other school know that I am not attending. Two months ago I was dying to get into that school and now I get to finally tell a nursing school "no thanks" after being told that a few times over the last year and half. It actually feels good to have these options after so many attempts on my side.

The other thing we did which I said I would never do....is buy a pair of used professional shoes. Okay, that sounds gross...I know...but I Trudy and I both saw two separate pairs of white Dansko's on ebay that had hardly any wear at all. These medical shoes are well over $100 and we barely paid a fraction for them for a couple scuff marks on the bottoms. Anything to save a buck.

I am assuming I passed my drug and background checks, otherwise someone would have called saying I had some 'splaining to do. In the meantime, I take my pathophysiology final today. Comrade X steered me in the right direction to get that class at a community college in Southern California. I am relieved I decided to take that class on-line at the last minute, because I needed it for my program.

Speaking of Mr. X....He is graduating this week and is interviewing for his first nursing job. It will be so great to see people I had classes with actually placed in their professional. This same class takes their boards in one month. Light at the end of the tunnel, gold at the end of the rainbow...Given that the old Comrade has been such a help in the past...I hope I can be just as helpful to people coming up behind me...by the way, this pathophysiology final exam will be a piece 'o cake!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Despite what others may say, I think the shoes are pretty snazzy...